The Deaf Development Programme is the only organization in Cambodia serving the general needs of the deaf population. Whenever a deaf person has a problem, whatever it is, the person usually finds his or her way to DDP.
In 2000, the program had thirteen staff. Now DDP has more than eighty staff because of the need to respond to so many different problems. In more developed countries, many of these problems can be referred to other agencies. In Cambodia, the reverse happens, and other agencies and NGOs refer the deaf people with problems to DDP, which has had to create new programs and outreaches to care for them.
Providing basic services and special services is very expensive. DDP has been fortunate to have had several faithful major donors to support larger projects such as Education and Job Training through the years. But there is a constant need to respond to new problems that arise and for this DDP invites and depends on smaller donations from individuals and organizations.
—— Three easy ways to make a gift——
1. Local Donations
- Make a gift at the DDP office: Donations are accepted at our office at #7A, Street 101, Boeung Trabek, Phnom Penh.
- Make a bank deposit in Cambodia: Go to any branch of Acleda Bank and deposit into our US dollar account:
2. International Bank Transfers
Bank transfer information:
Account Name: DDP Maryknoll Account Number: 2900-20-368309-1-9 Swift Code: ACLBKHPP
3. Check Donations
- Local checks: Checks drawn on Cambodian banks can be deposited into the DDP Maryknoll account (Account Number 2900-20-368309-1-9) at any Acleda Bank.
- International Checks: Checks drawn on non-Cambodian banks should not be sent to local Cambodian banks which will require three months and charge US$25.00 to cash the check. International checks can be made payable to Maryknoll and sent to:
- A note should be included that says the check is for the Maryknoll Deaf Development Programme in Cambodia.
- Donations sent to Maryknoll in New York are US tax exempt.